Quality Antiques and Collectibles for today's lifestyle

We'll discuss how using and decorating with antiques and collectibles fit into today's home design and decor.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Jewelry always makes a great gift!

There hasn't been once in my lifetime that I have turned my nose up at a gift of jewelry. Even if you have eclectic tastes there is a wide variety of jewelry items to fit your personality and fashion style.

I personally love older pieces and I'll tell you why. When my grandmother could no long take care of herself and moved into an assisted living environment; the grandchildren were allowed to come to her house and select special items of her and my grandfather's life together. Among the things that I cherish is the beautiful selection of vintage costume jewelry that Gramma had for her Sunday best outfits.

The brooches are timeless with rhinestones and seed pearls. The earrings are older screw back style with some matching her pins. A seed pearl choker with 20 strands attached to an antiqued clasp still makes a suit look smashing. Whenever I wear one of her pieces, I think of her. Which is, of course, the idea of cherishing vintage items passed down through the family.

Jewelry gifts offer the same feeling of remembrance to the giver and receiver. You will rarely forget a piece of jewelry you've given because it probably was given from the heart and certainly with the recipient in mind. The person receiving the gift will always remember who gave them their piece of jewelry and will think of that person when they wear it.

Jewelry does not have to be expensive nor is it gender specific. For both men and women there is an endless selection to choose from. Watches, chains, tie tacks, rings, earrings, pendants, bracelets. These are all items that can be found for the man or woman, girl or boy on your Holiday shopping list this season. The fun is finding that perfect something that really speaks to the person your buying for.

Take it from me - Jewelry ALWAYS makes a great gift!

Until next time ~
My Best,
Vicki

Shop Victoria’s Curio on Ruby Lane for a wonderful selection of antique and vintage jewelry.

No comments: