Quality Antiques and Collectibles for today's lifestyle

We'll discuss how using and decorating with antiques and collectibles fit into today's home design and decor.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Post Christmas Shopping - FOR YOU!

Well, Christmas for this year is right around the bend. I hope you were able to get everything on your list for those you love. Shopping is getting to be very overwhelming and intense right now. Those last minute folks will be hitting the malls since it is a bit late to shop on line. If you haven't gotten all your shopping done, I can sympathize. I haven't either. Hopefully the next few days I can sneak out and get it done early in the morning. I know I am not alone! Here's to the great deals still to be had.

But what about after Christmas? You know - that time when all of us are looking to buy for ourselves. Let's face it, there are always items on our wish lists on Dec. 26th. Keep the faith because the best time of the season for self gift giving is fast approaching.

I personally go out to shop for Christmas decorations that are 50-75% the day after the holiday. It is so much fun tucking these items away and pulling them out next year looking oh-so-brand-new and festive. What will you be looking post-Christmas time as a gift to yourself? Have you a hint of what Santa is bringing?

Let me make a suggestion if I may - There will be many merchants still looking to entice shoppers whether it's last minute or self gifting. I am one of those merchants. If you haven't shopped my store, please do. I have wonderful antique porcelain, jewelry, vintage postcards, antiquarian books, silver and so much more. It is the time of year and into the New Year when we collectors will be looking for the next wonderful item to call our own. Sometimes it's just too hard for others to buy for us so that leaves it in our capable hands.

I hope your holiday season will be filled with joy and laughter, love and kindness, peace into the New Year. Hug your children and pets, give that special someone a kiss and to you and yours, Merry Christmas!

My Best for the Season and New Year!

Vicki
Victoria's Curio

No comments: